Tuesday, February 23, 2010

GETTING BACK

There is so much I've wanted to share on here, but the onset of last week's cold had me out of service - out of sorts. I am not fully well, not firing on cylinders. Somewhere deep in one of my boxes I think I might still have an old yellowed paperback version of Susan Sontag's ILLNESS AS A METAPHOR. I don't know why I've been thinking of that - but even in illness there are gifts.

I ventured back to work yesterday afternoon. Most of you who read this know what I do for a living, and I will share more of that in future posts. I had one of those shifts that hit you squarely in the face and slams you right down. dang. At least one knows they are alive when that happens. Life is like that.

The photo above I took out of the window where I live during a snowfall while I felt more ill. I am not going to 'tune' the photo lighter, I took it in the middle of the night without flash, with just available light. I am always amazed at how much light there is, still at night and during a snowfall it seems to diffuse everywhere. I am still always so moved by the white snow on the very black bark of the catalpa tress out front.

Getting back to where I should be. I guess that is what we do all year, but there is a particular emphasis in Lent.

SOLI DEO GLORIA

No comments:

Post a Comment