Monday, February 15, 2010

NEW BLOG

For some reason I feel moved to share my 2010 Lenten pilgrimage.

My Lenten discipline this year will be that I giving up meat for lent.

THIS WON’T BE:

• Being forty days meat-free: This is not a marathon - this is not a punishment.

• About posting everyday, I am not (necessarily) here for your entertainment, but if that happens – hooray.

• About perfection.



THIS WILL BE:

• Abstaining from eating meat Monday through Saturday.

• Celebration on Sundays during Lent including meat.

• About mindfulness.

I hope to keep posting after Easter Day, we’ll cross that bridge when I get to it.

This (abstinence from meat as well as blogging) is a learning experience for me, sort of a self-challenge to middle-age person to experience something new.

SOLI DEO GLORIA

No comments:

Post a Comment