Wednesday, April 28, 2010

GLORIOUS EATING FOR WEIGHT WATCHERS

One wonderful cookbook I happened upon in a thrift store was one called, “GLORIOUS EATING FOR WEIGHT WATCHERS”

You can see the cover here.


For those that know me, know I am a proponent of the Weight Watchers program. Those who know me well know that I used to be an employee of the Weight Watchers Corporation.

I obtained this gem when I was working as a Weight Watchers leader for the Weight Watchers Corporation.

What is wonderful / shocking / funny is the back cover.


A VERITABLE ORGY OF WESSON OIL.

This cookbook is really a cookbook to encourage you to get MORE WESSON OIL into your diet.

This soft-cover cookbook was published in 1961, the year I was born.

The cookbook is (like me) nearly a half a century old.

To put things into focus/perspective – this book was published in 1961, but it wouldn’t be until 1963 when Jean Nidetch would start her “Weight Watchers” meetings which would be the beginnings of the Weight Watchers corporation.

When I got this cookbook, there was a coupon from some periodical inside – which was used as a bookmark.

The coupon expired on July 31, 1964.

All in all, the art direction in the cookbook is good. The recipes are well written and interesting. After I test a couple I may share them here. They are; however, not really weight-management friendly, knowing what we know today. There are however, weight management menus and suggestions that really would still hold up today.

To me the me the best part of the cookbook is that it includes that genre of mid-century
graphics. Minimal. Modern.


I love the exuberance captured here.


SOLI DEO GLORIA

No comments:

Post a Comment